Cataract Lens Options
Because the natural lens helps focus light onto the retina, the only way to restore clear vision after removing the cloudy lens by cataract surgery is to replace it with a clear artificial Intraocular Lens (IOL). In the past, patients only had one IOL choice: a monofocal replacement lens. These are still widely used today, helping patients effectively achieve clear vision at one distance only (typically long-range vision).
Today, however, more cataract patients are attracted to the idea of glasses-free vision after cataract surgery. Whether you enjoy an active sporting lifestyle or wish to return to the days of clear reading vision, you now have a variety of cataract Lifestyle Lens options to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses.
A Difference You Can See
Your lens choice is one of the most important decisions you will make. We work closely with you to determine the right replacement lens for your hobbies, lifestyle and vision goals.
Premium Lens Options
- Alcon AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® Trifocal IOL: the first and only FDA approved trifocal lens in the U.S. that is clinically shown to deliver an exceptional combination of near, intermediate and distance vision while significantly reducing the need for glasses after surgery
- Multifocal IOLs such as the Technis Multifocal IOL: create multiple planes of focus to allow for distance and up-close (reading) vision without glasses
- Extended Range of Vision IOLs: the TECNIS© Symfony IOL is the latest advancement in lens technology to achieve a broader range of vision from distance to near
- Accommodating IOLs: use the eye’s muscles to focus on an expanded range of vision
- Toric IOLs: correct astigmatism as well as cataracts, and combination IOL that correct astigmatism AND provided an extended range of vision are also available
Do You Reminisce About the Vision of Your Youth?
With these amazing advancements in cataract surgery and replacement lens technology, cataract surgery provides you with an opportunity to restore youthful vision so you can go out and enjoy the activities you love. You don’t have to be an athlete to deserve a full range of vision; even the simplest of daily tasks can be more enjoyable.
To learn more about laser cataract surgery in Oceanside, California, with Premium Lifestyle Lenses, contact us today to arrange a Cataract Evaluation.