Laser Cataract Surgery (LENSAR)
LENSAR© Laser System
At Pendleton Eye Center, we have invested in the LENSAR© laser system and Cassini pre-operative testing for laser cataract surgery. Our No Stitch, No Patch, No Injection cataract surgery technique is the most advanced method for cataract removal and offers greater precision over the manual technique.
A Difference You Can See
Dr. Pendleton will only recommend laser cataract surgery if he feels it will provide superior results for you.
What is the LENSAR Laser System?
The LENSAR Laser System is the only femtosecond laser designed specifically for refractive cataract surgery. The laser automates the circular internal incision made during cataract lens removal (capsulorehexis), fragments the lens to facilitate removal, and creates corneal incisions to reduce astigmatism, all guided by superior three dimensional imaging capabilities.
Rather than using a manual process to break up and remove the cloudy lens, we can use a laser.
- The laser is used for the capsulorrhexis step: to create a precise opening in the capsular bag that holds the lens.
- The laser also fragments the lens so it can be efficiently removed. The use of ultrasound energy for this step may be completely eliminated for some patients, providing for a quicker and safer procedure.
- Accurate corneal incisions are made, guided by an imaging feature called Intelligent Incisions™, to ensure each incision is done at the optimal location and depth.
- The pre-determined intraocular lens (IOL) is expertly and accurately placed through the incision.
Backed by Augmented Reality™ technology, Dr Pendleton can precisely plan your unique treatment by accessing a highly-detailed, 3D image of your eye. Information regarding the precise measurements of the location, length and depth of your cataract is readily available with this system. Access to this unprecedented level of biometric data can produce outstanding results after surgery.
Benefits of the LENSAR Laser System
- More precise and accurate cataract removal
- More accurate placement of your new IOL
- Less need for ultrasonic energy to remove the lens
- More efficient fragmenting of the cataract and Quicker procedure time
To learn more about laser cataract surgery in Carlsbad, California, contact us today to arrange a Cataract Evaluation.