Goodbye Cloudy Lens, Hello Clarity!
Dr. Pendleton will remove your cloudy cataract lens and replace it with an Intraocular Lens (IOL). You have options!
- Okay with clear distance vision and wearing reading glasses? A monofocal lens may suffice.
- Dream of clear reading vision or reduced astigmatism? A Lifestyle Lens Implant may be right for you.
Lifestyle Lens Implant Options
- Multifocal IOLs: lenses like the TECNIS© Multifocal IOL create multiple planes of focus to allow for distance and up-close (reading) vision without glasses
- Extended Range of Vision IOLs: the TECNIS© Symfony IOL is the latest advancement in lens technology to achieve a broader range of vision from distance to near
- Accommodating IOLs: use the eye’s muscles to focus on an expanded range of vision
- Toric IOLs: correct astigmatism as well as cataracts; combination IOLs that correct astigmatism and provide an extended range of vision are also available
Don’t worry we will explain these lens options in detail during your evaluation. Dr. Pendleton will help you decide which is right for you.
Another Surgery Check Point: ORA Technology
We incorporate revolutionary Optiwave Refractive Analysis (ORA) technology during cataract surgery to verify your eye measurements and make any last-minute adjustments to your replacement lens power if necessary. The cost of this technology is included with all of our premium lens implant packages. This system allows Dr. Pendleton to access real-time information about your eye to:
- Measure the true refractive power of your eye using Wavefront technology during surgery, after the cataract is removed
- Fine tune the power of your replacement lens implant for better visual outcomes
- Reduce the need for re-treatments or piggy-back IOLs