Our Optical Center optician staff is trained to not only fill your prescription but also help you learn how to properly wear and care for your contact lenses.
We carry a variety of contact lens types:
- Bifocal or multifocal lenses
- Daily disposable lenses
- Extended wear soft lenses
- Colored or special-effect contacts
- Toric lenses for astigmatism
Avoid Eye Infection
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported in 2014 that there were almost one million doctor visits in the United States every year for eye infections (keratitis) due to improper contact lens care. This is not to scare you from wearing contact lenses, but to stress the importance of doing so the right way.
- Wash hands thoroughly before using contacts
- Use only fresh, sterile disinfecting solutions every time to clean your contacts and your contact lens case (tap water and saliva are not appropriate)
- Sleeping in contact lenses is generally not recommended
- Swimming in contact lenses is discouraged
If you live in Carlsbad, come visit us in our Oceanside office, located near Tri City Hospital!